Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Conversation with Cora



On the way home today, Cora and I shared a little conversation. This is how it went:

Cora: Do you want to talk about jungle animals? (She's learning about these in her nanny share.)
Me: Sure! That sounds like a great idea. I love animals.
Cora: OK. Um. Elephants. Giraffes. Flamingos--they're jungle animals. Lions.
Me: Oooh, those are all really cool animals. Did you talk about those today? What did you learn?
Cora: Yup. We did. And horses and dogs, too. Kitty cats.
Me: Hmm. Do you think horses and dogs and kitty cats are jungle animals?
Cora: Maybe sometimes.
Me: Oh, OK. I guess you're right. They can live in the jungle sometimes too.
Cora: That's the end of the story.
Me: Hmm?
Cora: I'm all done with the story. That's the end.
Me: Oh. Well, that was a great story! Thank you for sharing. I'm glad you're learning about animals.
Cora: Yes. Mom, you know what?
Me: What?
Cora: When I am a big sister I am going to sing Lullaby and Goodnight--like that, hum de hum dee dee dee--to my little brother.
Me: That will be a wonderful thing to do with your little brother. He will really like that. You are going to be a great big sister.
Cora: Yup. I am.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails