Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Worried

This week has been tough already and it's hardly even begun. Cora ended up getting sick again. She woke up Friday morning with a congested nose and gradually developed horrible diarrhea that culminated in her throwing up at the end of the night. Her fever broke Sunday morning around 2 a.m., but she hasn't been very interested in eating anything for about five days. And she's still sick. I feel horrible for her, and incredibly vulnerable myself. I just had a long talk with my friend and basically broke down into a sniffling, crying mess about how difficult it is to not know if something is wrong with your child. I am totally ready to be convinced that this has just been the worst flu season imaginable, and that Cora has just had to get through it with an unusually high level of incidents, but worry is eating away at me that my baby might be too susceptible to stuff.

If there's one thing in the world I love more than life itself, it's my little Cora.

I don't want her to get sick so much. I want her to be healthy and strong and able to experience this beautiful day.

3 comments:

oma said...

thinking of you and little cora. i hope she's feeling better today and able to enjoy some food. hang in there...

oma said...

hey m. i talked to wendy this weekend and just wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you and b and cora. hope you're doing ok and feeling alright. xox

Dream. Imagine. Happen said...

Thanks so much Oma! I really appreciate you thinking of us and checking in. How are you doing?? We need to have you and Ned and Wendy and Dave over to dinner, I'd love to see your beautiful new belly!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails