Monday, June 15, 2009

Story time



Brian took this picture on a vacation a few weekends ago after he put Cora down for the night in the pack 'n play. "Mause and Diddy" are her sleepy time must-haves.

Now it's a Monday afternoon at home. You know when you start the week with a big ho hum and sort of breathe out the sentiment Well, it's another week. I guess we'll get it started.

Hello, O Daunting Monday.

I'm a bit surprised to be able to say it's been a good one so far--and productive. Now Cora's asleep in her bed, mouse curled into her belly and piggy snuggled into her back.

And I have a story idea. It's the first one I've had in several months, so it feels like a big deal. I stumbled onto it this Saturday while walking Cora around Green Lake and drinking a very large cup of dark tea.

Fingers crossed that I can keep up the momentum once I get past the first sentence. I need to figure out a way to take this idea and place it carefully in a protective jar on my desk where I'll be able to find it whenever I need it. I want to write this thing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails