Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday and Emerson

I can't believe it's almost July. I remember as a child feeling like summers stretched on forever. This one seems to be zipping by on a freight train, flashing one month to the next with total abandon. I swear we just finished April.

I'm in the thick of this story I'm writing, taking it page by page. How long will it end up being? Maybe I'll know by the end of the summer? By the end of the year?

Cora is being quite adamant. She also is dealing with a rather long and tiresome cold, making my heart skip a beat when I remember our recent, awful winter months of isolation and sickness. This morning we bought new paint brushes and she spent the morning dabbling in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. I stuck one of her masterpieces to the refrigerator with magnets. She took a bath afterward.

You've probably noticed by now that I have a thing for quotes. My mom gave me this book for my 20th birthday called A Guide for the Advanced Soul, a bunch of quotes compiled by Susan Hayward. The idea is that you close your eyes and ask a question, then open the pages and find insight.

Here's my quote for today:

"Do the thing and you will have the power."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails