Monday, June 8, 2009

Surprise

After shipping me off the spa in the morning, Brian threw me a surprise birthday party yesterday. It was so wonderful to see friends and kids mingling in our backyard on a warm summer day. I haven't felt that pampered or relaxed in a really long time.

Today, I have a case of the Mondays. It's just not as fun to return to normalcy when the previous day was so much fun.

So, even after a big piece of leftover flourless chocolate cake, I can't seem to muster the gumption to write much here at all.

However, I do have one small thing to say, and that's just simply that I enjoy being in my 30s. It's easier somehow. The 20s felt like more of a challenge to get through. Although, let's be honest, I had better boobs back then.

And also, I took Cora to our neighborhood park this morning and looked at sprinklers dusting the ballfield with water while Cora spun around and around in sparkling grass. Does it get any better than that?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails